What is Invisalign?
- Invisalign® is the clinically effective, nearly invisible way to straighten your teeth without metal braces.
- You wear a series of clear, removable aligners which gradually move your teeth into the desired position.
- The aligners can be removed for eating and flossing and brushing your teeth.
What does it cost?
We offer Invisalign® treatments for adults between £2500-£4200.
- An initial consultation
- All photographs, impressions and records
- Aligners for entire treatment
- Check-ups throughout your treatment
- Vivera® retainers
- Teeth whitening*
* For patients on our membership plans
How does it work?
- Based on our diagnosis, a 3D simulation of your tooth movement and final result is made.
- Once approved by your Doctor, a series of aligners are custom made in Align Technology’s laboratories using advanced 3D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each aligner for two weeks before replacing it with the next aligner in the series until your teeth have been moved to the position prescribed.
Why should I select Invisalign?
- Aligners are nearly invisible – straighten your teeth without hardly anyone noticing.
- Aligners are comfortable – there are no wires or metal to cause irritation to your mouth or gums.
- Aligners are removable – for eating, drinking, dental care or other activities.
- Better oral hygiene during treatment – brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth.
Will it work for me?
- Adults with fully erupted dentition or teenagers with fully / partially erupted permanent dentition can be treated with Invisalign®, even if you have crowns or bridges.
- Many common issues, of varying complexity, can be successfully resolved with Invisalign®.
Is this treatment only for adults?
- No, Invisalign® can be used to treat adults and teenagers alike. There is now a wide range of Treatment options available to treat different types of conditions and patients.
- Speak to us to see which treatment option suits you better.
How do I get started?
- After your initial evaluation with us, we will discuss your goals for a new smile.
- This information will then be used to plan your treatment, take impressions or intra-oral scans and photographs of your teeth and smile.
- With advanced computer technology we can then show you a 3D simulation of how your final smile could look, before you even start your treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
- It depends on the condition of your teeth and the severity of your treatment.
- Most treatments take between 9 – 18 months to complete.
How long do I have to wear the aligners for each day?
- The aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results.
- Every 2 weeks you change to a new aligner and we recommend a check up once every 4 – 6 weeks.
Are the aligners really invisible?
- The aligners are made from clear plastic, so they are nearly invisible.
- Even when very close, most people will not notice you are straightening your teeth – unless you tell them!
Can I eat and drink whilst I am wearing the aligners?
- No. The aligners are removable so you can still enjoy your favourite food and drinks.
- Be committed to wearing your aligners at all times except for eating, drinking, cleaning and flossing.
Do the aligners hurt?
- The smooth aligners are not harmful to the inside of your mouth, however it is normal to feel some pressure during the first days after you change to a new aligner.
- This is a good sign, as it means the aligners are moving your teeth.
Will the aligners affect my speech?
Aligners may temporarily affect the speech of some people, and you may have a
slight lisp for a day or two.
How long has this technology been available?
- Align Technology, Inc., the company that manufactures Invisalign®, was founded in 1997.
- Since then over 1.5 million patients have been or are in treatment with Invisalign®.
- For more information please visit the website – www.invisalign.co.uk